Hello! And welcome to my blog. Thank you for stopping by! My name is Sharon and I’m a single mother of one rambunctious, hilarious, cuddly, cheeky little boy, and our dog Bailey. We live on the tiny, idyllic island of Cheung Chau.
Our island is only 30 minutes away from the hustle and bustle, bright lights of Hong Kong so I get to experience all the laid back, beachy, outdoorsy island life coupled with the excitement, grit and noise of the city.
I work full time in education but in my spare time I write about food because I love cooking and eating! I come from a family that LOVES food and learned to cook from my parents and grandparents. As a kid, I was lucky enough to help my Chinese mother in the kitchen, making traditional, home-cooked Chinese dishes and cooking Western meals with my English father. In my summers in Gozo, Malta, I learned how to bake from my English grandmother and aunt, as well as learn Maltese dishes from my best friend Claire Borg. I am NOT a trained chef, nor have I ever worked in any restaurants. I just love food and making things up as I go along!
This blog is all about food in Hong Kong – the recipes I love or I’m trying out, how to cook traditional home-style Chinese food, where you can find those more unusual Chinese ingredients (or substitutes), how to buy – with a smidgen of my island / city life thrown in. I hope you enjoy it!
I am currently a regular contributor for Foodie Magazine (monthly blogger panel) and Sassy Mama Hong Kong. Please email me at email@example.com if you would like me to write for your publication or if you just want to say hi and ask about food in HK.
Here are some of the articles I’ve written:
- November Issue : Jump Willy – The Maestros of Digital Animation
- August Issue : Top Hong Kong Food Bloggers, pg. 24
- August Issue : Kitchen Sync – Interview, p.28
- August Issue : Emerging Food Markets, p.34
- The Big Freeze – September 2015
- Playtimes May Article – Mother’s Day – Let’s do brunch!
- Chinese New Year, Feb 2015 – Showstopping Suppers
- July 2014 Issue – Emerging Markets
- Calypso’s Isle – p.33 : http://issuu.com/foodie.hk/docs/foodie_2013_oct_issuu/32
- September 2014 Issue – Back To School Lunch Boxes
SASSY MAMA HONG KONG
- Review of Le Spa by Jan – http://www.sassymamahk.com/le-spa-by-jan-perfect-pampering-for-a-pregnant-mama-to-be/
- Review of NOM HK – Meatball Mania
- Review of Epic MMA’s Antigravity Yoga class – http://www.sassyhongkong.com/antigravity-yoga-epic-mma-beauty/
- Review of Siobhan Dumigan, Pilates Personal Trainer – http://sassymamahk.com/get-fit-and-fierce-with-siobhan-dumigans-personal-training-sessions/
- Review of Hello Hong Kong Food Tours – http://sassymamahk.com/hello-hong-kong-food-tour-local-eats-youll-be-coming-back-for/
- Review of Joint Dynamics Studio – http://sassymamahk.com/stay-fit-as-a-family-at-joint-dynamics-multidisciplinary-studio/
- Review of Kinesiology Asia – http://sassymamahk.com/kinesiology-asia-healing-cochrane-street-mama/
- Review of Sense Of Touch Medi Spa – http://sassymamahk.com/tone-up-with-sense-of-touchs-new-body-shaping-medi-spa/
- Review of ChocoYou Children’s Workshop – http://sassymamahk.com/sassy-mama-gets-sticky-at-a-chocoyou-childrens-chocolate-workshop/
- Review of Sparks Studio x Cath Kidston – http://sassymamahk.com/spark-studios-x-cath-kidston-a-wonderfully-whimsical-workshop-for-the-wee-ones/
Here you will find a list of recipes I have contributed to Sassy Mama HK.
- Tiny Bites : Papi Wanchai
- Tiny Bites : Restoration
- Tiny Bites : Cococabana
- Tiny Bites : W Hotel
- Tiny Bites : Souvla
- Tiny Bites : The Night Market
- Tiny Bites : NOM HK